[pulseaudio-discuss] asserts active by default

rdiezmail-pulseaudio at yahoo.de rdiezmail-pulseaudio at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 2 02:31:49 PDT 2008

[2nd try, the first message went apparently lost]

Hi all:

I have noticed that the assert() calls inside the libpulse client library are enabled by default. I would expect asserts to be disabled in release builds, via the NDEBUG macro or similar compile-time switch.

What's the common practice for asserts in the OSS world in this kind of libraries?

I've seen in other projects a "--disable-assert" argument to the ./configure script. Would that (or --enable-assert) be an option to consider?

Thanks,
  Ruben