[pulseaudio-discuss] asserts active by default

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Sep 2 11:03:16 PDT 2008

Lennart Poettering wrote:
>> I can certainly see the argument that if an assert is hit as a result of
>> something in libcanberra then there is no reason at all to crash the
>> whole app.
>
> In C land an error in a library always has the power to bring you
> whole process down. If you manage to hit an assert in PA or
> libcanberra, then you found a programming error.

Indeed. I await your forthcoming alsa plugin patches with interest :p

Thanks for the explanations on this thread. I've learned some more stuff
again from the replies. Apologies for the somewhat out of order status
of some of the replies (Gmane was a bit slow!).

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]