[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems with pulseaudio / asla on PS3

Kevin Gilbert kevin952 at tpg.com.au
Thu Sep 4 15:27:46 PDT 2008

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Lennart Poettering opined:
> On Fri, 05.09.08 07:10, Kevin Gilbert (kevin952 at tpg.com.au) wrote:
>
> Heya!
>
> > --
>
> Why did you put these two dashes here? For most intelligent mailers
> this is a sign that the signature begins below and they hence remove
> everything below it on reply. When I tried to reply to your mail all I
> got was an empty text. Very very confusing. ;-)

I think the problem is that I'm trying to be helpful by delineating the trace
log with "(3 equal signs) BEGIN (3 equal signs)" and "(3 equal signs) END (3
equal signs)". Will change to something more Email-client friendly.

> This is a bug in ALSA's softvol module. Please report this on
> alsa-devel. softvol falsely claims to be able to rearrange
> non-interleaved audio to interleaved.
>
> (and make sure to post on alsa-devel, don't use the alsa BTS. The BTS
> is mostly ignored...)

Will do. Thanks for all your help. I'll post back here if/when I get some
resolution from the ALSA folk (just to close the loop so that any people
searching this thread in the future know what the solutions was).

Cheers,
Kevin