[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio 0.9.11 paprefs and glicht-free question.

Achim Frase achim.frase at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 7 05:59:15 PDT 2008

As mentioned earlier I am testing pulseaudio for Intrepid from this PPA:
http://launchpad.net/~themuso/+archive

I am not able to share my sound card with paprefs, is that a known
problem or is it related to the version of this PPA?

I would also like to know, how to figure out if the glitch-free feature
is aktiv.

This is how it looks when I start pulseaudio 0.9.11.
Real-time scheduling is enabled but I am not sure what this line is
about
"D: main.c: Can realtime: no, can high-priority: no"
Does that mean that the glitch-free feature is disabled?

$ pulseaudio --start -vvv
D: main.c: Started as real root: no, suid root: yes
I: main.c: We're in the group 'pulse-rt', allowing high-priority
scheduling.
I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation not
permitted
I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operation not
permitted
I: core-util.c: Successfully gained nice level -11.
I: main.c: Giving up CAP_NICE
D: main.c: Can realtime: no, can high-priority: no
W: ltdl-bind-now.c: Failed to find original dlopen loader.
I: main.c: Daemon startup successful.

Regards
Achim