[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio crashes on ArchLinux

Paul Ezvan paul at ezvan.fr
Mon Sep 15 14:08:15 PDT 2008

Hi all !

I am experimenting many pulseaudio crashes on ArchLinux. The problem occurs
with versions 9.9, 9.10, 9.11 and 9.12. It may be a kernel issue because I
remember that the problem appeared after a kernel upgrade (2.6.23 to 2.6.24 I
think).
I have kernel 2.6.26. I recompiled it with Config_HZ=1000 instead of 300, and
pulseaudio crashes less often. With alsa-lib 1.0.18rc3 instead of 1.0.17 I saw
a small improvement.
Crashes occur more often when the CPU is loaded, for exemple while compiling.
The CPU is also never idle because of Folding at Home working in background,
niced of course.
Also another people using ArchLinux is experimenting the same problem on
different hardware (AC97 codec).
Here is the log : http://pastebin.com/mbc32989

Thanks for any help,

Paul