[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio gives an assertion error when attempting to load with a USB sound card connected.

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Sep 22 15:24:36 PDT 2008

On Mon, 15.09.08 09:14, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:

> I had a user accidentally use some packages he didn't intend to earlier
> and ended up with this error:
> : module-alsa-source.c: Assertion 'u->hw_dB_supported' failed at
> modules/module-alsa-source.c:742, function source_get_volume_cb().
> Aborting.
>
> I'm not sure if it's related.

Not sure if I already mentioned this elsewehre, but hitting that
assert on u->hw_dB_supported is my fault. I accidentaly broke support
for sound drivers that don't export dB info.

I'll fix that shortly.

But hey, maybe this is incentive enough to actually fix the ALSA
driver in question to include the dB info?