[pulseaudio-discuss] shm size

Nick Thompson rextanka at comcast.net
Tue Sep 30 12:12:16 PDT 2008

Thanks for the replies on this.

On Sep 30, 2008, at 11:07 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:

>> Or if these values are unknown, should I just tool around and keep
>> reducing
>> the amount pre-allocated until the audio stack fails?
>
> Why would you want to do that?

Well if you have an embedded system with a limited amount of flash,
and main RAM (compared to an x86 desktop) then an allocation of that
size does have an impact, so I was looking for ways to slim it down a
little.  That's the main reason.  But if this is a good size even for
embedded, then so be it.

For x86 this is a flea on a dogs back, for embedded it's a little more
noticeable.  But not a show stopper.

Thanks!

Nick