[pulseaudio-discuss] current git, HDA with S/PDIF not found

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 11:14:43 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Jon Smirl <jonsmirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have current pulseaudio git running. It still doesn't find my S/PDIF.
> It does try really hard to find it, it just doesn't succeed.
>
> S/PDIF is on playback_1.

Do I have to use a52 for this to work? I'm ok with normal stereo over S/PDIF.

It would be cool if pulse could dynamically switch. When I'm playing
music use stereo on S/PIDF. Then if I start a movie switch over to
a52.

a52 consumes 50% of one of my cores re-encoding music as aac. So I
didn't want to always use it.

Even cooler would be if pulse could "mix on-demand". If the movie is
playing and there are no other audio sources, just send the aac stream
as pass-through. Only trigger a52 if mixing was required.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com