[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio v0.9.15-test8

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Apr 9 17:51:01 PDT 2009

Heya!

This is most likely the last test release before 0.9.15.

http://0pointer.de/public/pulseaudio-0.9.15-test8.tar.gz

Changes:

Finn Thain (1):
      make dbus optional during build

Lennart Poettering (58):
      load bt discover module only when installed
      use machine id instead of hostname to identify local connections
      properly account for seeks in the requested_bytes counter
      plot the difference between system and sound card time
      downgrade a few messages
      run make update-po
      add missing files to POTFILES.in
      refuse to initialize on modem devices
      increase log buffer further
      initialize sound cards only after the 'control' object appeared
      Modify smoothing code to make cubic interpolation optional and allow 'quick fixups' on resuming
      introduce pa_{sink|source}_get_latency_within_thread()
      don't try to outsmart the transport
      Fix a couple of races in native protocol
      make it easy to disable interpolation in the interpolation test tool
      run make po-update
      make sure we keep a reference of the bus connection during the whole runtime if we manage to acquire the bus name
      be a bit more verbose about the busses we are connected to
      don't fail device reservation if the D-Bus connection is dead
      properly handle interpolation when queried x is left of last data position
      extend documentation for pa_stream_cork() a bit
      Make sure we don't get stuck when prebuf is too high
      make sure we don't apply sampling rate fixes that bring the sampling freq > PA_RATE_MAX
      enable debugging output based on if DEBUG_DATA macro is set
      add suspend_within_thread() callbacks to pa_sink_input/pa_source_output
      send the source latency based on the MTU size
      adjust max_rewind/max_request whenever the latency changes
      mark null sink as support dynamic latency
      make use of SO_TIMESTAMP timestamp for accuracy and leave smoother paused until we have data
      If the sink volume is lowered to 0 and then increased again, make sure all stream volumes follow instead of staying at 0
      compare with doubles, not integer
      reduce number of conversions to/from linear volumes
      we need to make our multiplications with linear values
      after propagating a sink volume change to the sink inputs recalculate their soft volumes
      update documentation regarding stream timing a bit
      print smallest attenuation/sample
      when calculating volume from dB use ceil()
      introduce relative_volume field in sink_input and make use of it on sink flat volume change
      bluetooth: make sure to set max_request
      interpol-test: make it easier to test corking only optionally
      bluetooth: memory leak, actually free discovery struct itself
      dbus: memory leak, free server id after use
      dbus: memory leak, free pending calls
      socket-server: memory leak, free machine id after use
      protocol-native: print underrun message only once for each underrun
      protocol-native: downgrade message if we receive pcm block for dead stream
      dbus: drop pa_ prefix from static symbol
      dbus: memory leak, actually free dbus wrapper
      core: memory leak, fix ref counting when moving streams
      core: add a seperate fixed_latency field for sinks/sources with fixed latency
      bluetooth: rename sco to hsp also for the user
      bluetooth: be a bit more verbose if we exit due to bad poll() revents flag
      bluetooth: rework timing logic, properly implement latency callbacks
      bluetooth: when starting up HSP stream, send 2 packets first, only afterwards enter one-read-one-write logic
      alsa: when printing warning about bogus data from alsa include snd_pcm_dump()
      run make update-po
      set fixed latencies at more places where appropriate
      prepare another snapshot

Luke Yelavich (1):
      POTFILES.IN: Refer to src/pulsecore/dbus-util.c

Maarten Bosmans (1):
      various spelling fixes

amitakhya (2):
      Sending translation for po/as.po
      Sending translation for Assamese

elsupergomez (1):
      Sending translation for Spanish

ifelix (1):
      Sending translation for po/ta.po

kkrothap (2):
      Sending translation for po/te.po
      Sending translation for Telugu

kmilos (2):
      Sending translation for Serbian
      Sending translation for po/sr at latin.po

leahliu (2):
      Sending translation for Chinese (Simplified)
      Sending translation for Chinese (Simplified)

mgiri (5):
      Sending translation for po/or.po
      Sending translation for Oriya
      Sending translation for Oriya