[pulseaudio-discuss] syslog filling with: module-rtp-send.c: Failed to push chunk into memblockq.

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 08:35:40 PDT 2009

Hello,

H.S. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is on Debian Testing running pulseaudio, 0.9.14-2. My syslog is
> filling with messages such as these:
> Apr  4 23:29:51 red pulseaudio[6096]: module-rtp-send.c: Failed to push
> chunk into memblockq.
> Apr  4 23:30:20 red last message repeated 80 times
> Apr  4 23:31:20 red last message repeated 161 times
>
> I notice that this has been happening since only a few weeks, after I
> upgraded my Debian Testing system after their Lenny release.

Following up on this a bit. I have noticed taht the above messages
appear only when an application's audio is sent to my PCI audio card.
The card is:

$> lspci | grep audio
02:0c.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq 5880B [AudioPCI] (rev 02)

$> aplay -l
card 0: default [Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 ], device 0: USB Audio [USB
Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: AudioPCI [Ensoniq AudioPCI], device 0: ES1371/1 [ES1371 DAC2/ADC]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: AudioPCI [Ensoniq AudioPCI], device 1: ES1371/2 [ES1371 DAC1]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanks.