[pulseaudio-discuss] Export pulsecore and pulsecommon header file

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Apr 10 16:56:47 PDT 2009

On Wed, 08.04.09 09:43, Zhang, Xing Z (xing.z.zhang at intel.com) wrote:

> >On Tue, 07.04.09 15:25, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:
> >

> >> 'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 07/04/09 13:56 did gyre and
> >gimble:

> >> It was in the previous message on the thread:
> >>
> >> <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.pulseaudio.general/3098>
> >
> >Ah, ok. somehow i missed that.
> >
> >Zhang, what is the reason for doing your own install-pulse-headers
> >targets? Why not just add them to some form of standard automake
> >_HEADERS?
>
> It is for making module developed by installed headers can be easily merged to upstream.
> With standard automake HEADERS all headers will be located at one directory(eg. /usr/include/pulse_xxx/), programmers may arrange their files as below pattern:
> #include <core.h>

Uh, that's a misconception. You can easily have different install
directories by using different prefixes to HEADERS. i.e. right now we have:

pulseincludedir=$(includedir)/pulse
pulseinclude_HEADERS = ....

You could easily add more, such as:

pulsecoreincludedir=$(includedir)/pulsecore
pulsecoreinclude_HEADERS = ....

Or suchlike.