[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio device chooser: wish

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 12:44:50 PDT 2009

Charlie wrote:
> I would like to say that Pulseaudio is a great project.  It is nice to be able
> to run two different streams with each one going to a separate device.
>
> It took awhile but I finally got my usb headset to work.  It was as simple as
> right clicking on the output stream in padevchooser and choosing usb headset.
> DOH!
>
> My wish:
> i would like to see a drop down menu for each output stream with the devices
> listed and a Make Default option.  I never would have thought to right click
> on the streams to make this choice.  Thanks to Ubuntu forums for that trick.
> I am not running the latest version so I don't know if this suggestion has
> been implemented.

I am running 0.9.14 (latest I think is 0.9.15) and I do have a drop down
menu for choosing the output device. Each running application using
audio is listed in the "Volumen Control ... " menu of the device chooser
applet I get in my panel (running KDE here). That menu gives a box with
tabs in it. The "Playback" tab has the running applications listed and
the little drop down arrow beside each application can be used to choose
the sink for that application.

BTW, yes, pulseaudio is coming along to be a wonderful application!
Great job, devs!

Regards.

ever having been read.