[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio system requirements?

Tim Redfern pd at eclectronics.org
Mon Apr 13 14:32:00 PDT 2009

Thanks..

        (pulseaudio version 9.10.4). -
>Can you try again with the version?

sorry, the source package is pulseaudio (0.9.10-3) so I guess the pulse
version is 0.9.10

>If you are using 0.9.14 then I'd suggest disabling glitch-free

I have actually managed to get it to work! I did lower the sample rate
I'm sending to 24k but I think it was also by moving the wifi antenna ;)
Its very impressive.. although the device is up around 75-80% cpu load
just playing one network stream.. and it does skip occasionally. I think
the problem is more the network than the processing.. over 100baseT it
can play 48khz audio from xine and it says its receiving 6 channels, it
works. 32MB of ram doesn't seem to be a problem, pulse is only using 4.

Tim