[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and Bluetooth

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Apr 17 11:21:16 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 19:56 +0200, Michał Sawicz wrote:
> Dnia 2009-04-17, pią o godzinie 13:08 -0400, Brian J. Murrell pisze:
> > the status of BT (audio) on Linux for the last year or so (since I got
> > a dongle a year ago Xmas).
>
> Well I succesfully used a2dp over alsa (even alsa->pulse->alsa->bluez
> sometimes, not that that's a good way to do it) on stock kernels for
> over a year now. It only requires some lines in your ~/.asoundrc.

Hrm.  My problems were a lot more basic than just .asoundrc.  I couldn't
even get the basic headset functionality to work reliably, multiple
times in a row.  inevitably, after one or two times opening the device
and having it work would be followed by all kinds of failure until I
rebooted and replubmed everything (at least one step requiring root
IIRC) only to have it work only once or twice again.

b.