[pulseaudio-discuss] How to change module-ladspa-sink description ?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Apr 18 18:42:18 PDT 2009

On Sun, 19.04.09 03:18, Goldy (goldy at goldenfish.info) wrote:

Heya,

> I would like to know if there is possible to change description for
> module-ladspa-sink.
>
> There is a problem when you load the same plugin twice with two
> different parameters. In PA applet only one sink appear because they
> have the same description.

That is not true. They cannot have the name, but certainly the same
description string.

You can set the sink name with the sink_name parameter.

Eventually there will be a way to set arbitrary properties (including
the description) for each sink by specifiy them on the module command
line. In the meantime there is "update-sink-proplist
device.description" in pacmd.