[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio Delay with Mythtv

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 19 03:02:17 PDT 2009

On Saturday 18 Apr 2009 16:20:40 Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> Recently the trunk build of Mythtv checks if pulseaudio is running and
> aborts if it does. This is because of the rather large audio delay it
> induces and the resulting sync with video issue.
>
> Here is the reference
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5473
>
> particularly:
>

>   Changed 3 months ago by sPOiDar  ¶
>
> FYI, I get ~300ms lag on 0.22 with audiooutpulse-0.12.2 when using pulse.
>
>   Changed 13 days ago by danielk ¶

This must be something that has been recently introduced. I run a mythtv box with pulseaudio (using PA 0.9.10 and mythtv 0.21) and have no sync issues at all.

That setup simply has the default ALSA output configured to be 'pulse' and mythtv is configured to use  ALSA:default as its output. Have you tried that? Maybe it works better..??

Mark