[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio server for playing 32-bit chroot sounds on 64-bit host machine

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 16:30:18 PDT 2009

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Erich Boleyn at 24/04/09 17:05 did gyre and gimble:
>> I think the important one for getting the 32-bit applications to connect
>> to the 64-bit pulseaudio daemon is mounting "/var/run".  There are some
>> UNIX-domain sockets that get created there by the pulseaudio server.
>>
>> Hope this is helpful.
>
> Overall that does indeed look very helpful. If I get time I'll sit
> down and install a chroot and write up a generic wiki page about it,
> but I'm not likely to get time soon.
>
> For the benefit of others, this last paragraph about /var/run is only
> relevant for system wide PA. Per-user pa (the default and generally
> recommended way will not touch /var/run.
>
> Thanks again Erich :)
>
> Col

Considering the amount of trouble I'm having with this, I wouldn't mind
writing up a wiki (user instead of dev perspective of course), since I
already plan to do one for the Arch wiki. I do not have an account with
the pulse wiki currently though. Is it free-for-all to edit/add, or are
there registration procedures?