[pulseaudio-discuss] limits on maximum device volume?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 16:32:17 PDT 2009

Hi, agree with this comment on flat volumes. Say, when I plug in my
headphones, I tend to turn on pavucontrol and down the volume of my MPD
daemon (by default what comes on is the playing apps tab). Then, while
I'm listening to my music, a VERY LOUD message sound from Pidgin comes
through, because I forgot to set system volume instead of per-app
volume. Some sort of limits system would be nice.

Or would just NOT loading the flat volume module do that already?