[pulseaudio-discuss] pa_sink_render(), minimum chunk.memblock length

Baek Chang baeksan at ccrma.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 24 17:31:09 PDT 2009

When calling pa_sink_render(pa_sink*s, size_t length, pa_memchunk *result),
is there a way to specify the minimum requested length for the chunk?  The
length that is passed in, is the maximum request for the thread, but I don't
see that there is a minimum requested length.  Is this set up by configuring
the minimum requested latency when the sink is created?

In my module, I request 4096 bytes, and sometimes I get back 628.  When I
request say 8192, I still get 628 sometimes.  Is there a relation to the max
requested length of the memchunk and what is actually returned?

Thanks in advance
Baek Chang