[pulseaudio-discuss] PATCH hda-intel fix for ALSA 1.0.19 drivers

Erich Boleyn erich at uruk.org
Sat Apr 25 00:07:56 PDT 2009

Greetings all,

There was a patch to fix the hda-intel ALSA driver issues that have broken
pulseaudio support (reliable use of the "snd_pcm_avail..." functions) made
to the ALSA kernel git tree as of about 2 weeks ago.

The patches don't apply to earlier ALSA, so i backported them to the 1.0.19
release with a bit of license.  I.e. a few other changes got pulled back,
as it was easier to do that than to try to reverse-engineer the most correct
version of the change...  plus it seemed asome of them may have been
correctness fixes anyway.

Moderate testing has had apparently no malfunctions or crashes so far,
where the previous driver would crash the pulseaudio server on my
machine approximately every 5 times I started playing an audio stream.

Attached as 2 separate patches.  One part to the generic ALSA driver
framework (which includes one change to an exported header file), and
one part to the hda-intel driver directly.

--
    Erich Stefan Boleyn     <erich at uruk.org>     http://www.uruk.org/
"Reality is truly stranger than fiction; Probably why fiction is so popular"