[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio server for playing 32-bit chroot sounds on 64-bit host machine

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 05:45:01 PDT 2009

Lennart Poettering wrote:

> It used to be editable by everyone anonymously. However we now require
> registration because of heavy wiki spamming.
>
> Just click on the 'register' link on the top right corner to create an
> account. It's pretty simple, you don't even have to specify an email
> address.
>
> Lennart

Thank you Lennart. Once I've figured this sucker out, I'll make sure to
do that, and request a qual-check here on this list.

So, back to the matter at hand, any suggestions on what I might try when
I regain access to my PC? Colin mentioned that networked Pulse should
not be necessary, and that's my gut feeling as well, though I HAVE got
it working with that. Perhaps I need to edit client.conf within the
chroot to use the .pulse-cookie within the user's home directory,
similarly to how I need to edit it when using networked Pulse? Shouldn't
that be automatic, anyhow?

Suggestions welcome. Requests for info and clarification as well.