[pulseaudio-discuss] limits on maximum device volume?

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Mon Apr 27 05:29:24 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 01:04:37PM +0200, CJ van den Berg wrote:
> Now, in step 3 I clearly set the *sink* volume manually to 65%. Which
> pulse apparently ignored when the totem stream started. I don’t see how
> this fits into your described behaviour above. The net effect of all
> this is that the sink volume jumps around, pretty much on every new
> stream startup. Which is annoying as hell.

  I have another manifestation of this problem:

1. Notification volume set to 100%
2. Totem plays music, volume set to 60%.
3. Gajim plays sound using canberra-gtk-play. Global volume
jumps to 100% while the sound is playing. So during the event
sound playback, Totem is playing at 100% (not 60% as it set).
4. When canberra-gtk-play finishes, global volume drops to 60%.

--
Tomasz Torcz               "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl    wagon filled with backup tapes." -- Jim Gray