[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio server for playing 32-bit chroot sounds on 64-bit host machine

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:08:11 PDT 2009

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 27/04/09 13:58 did gyre and
> gimble:
>> Since the settings PA stores are machine specific PA includes the
>> (D-Bus) machine id in those filenames (the prefix up to the :).
>>
>> You need to make sure that your two envs share the same
>> /var/lib/dbus/machine_id.
>
> Ahh that's where that is from! I was meaning to look for that at the
> end of my last email but got distracted.
>
> On my system the file is:
> /var/lib/dbus/machine-id (hyphen, not underscore). I'd guess the
> underscore is a typo, as it's unlikely something we tweaked for no
> reason!
>
> Ng Oon-Ee: for me, /var/lib/dbus only contains this file, so I'd say
> you should just add this to your bind mounts and everything should
> "just work" ;)
>
> Col

Thank you both Colin and Lennart, that fixed it. Its late here, but I'll
post up a wiki on the arch wiki tomorrow, then port it over to the pulse
wiki. However I'm not sure how similar/different the steps would be for
different distros, so I'm thinking I'll basically list down the
necessary components (installed and mounted) and end with a link to the
wiki I'll put up for arch, is that fine? Or is there a wiki policy on
what constitutes sufficiency?