[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse Jack module, dies sometimes on mpc toggle

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 03:07:36 PDT 2009

Colin Guthrie wrote:

> You'll need to install the debugging symbols for your pulse build. If
> you build from source, simply don't strip the files (should be
> default) of if you use a distro package they (typically) provide a way
> to install these as separate "debug" packages.
>
> Col

Okay, I've recompiled without stripping, have a proper stack trace. Is
it appropriate to include it, or is it preferable to pastebin it? I ask
due to the moderator's warning I got on the last email. I'll include
them here, for now, please advise if pastebin is preferable, I won't do
it again if that's the case. Similarly to the previous, pulselog3.txt is
the output of `pulseaudio -vvvvv > pulselog3.txt 2>&1`, and
gdbpulselog3.txt is my copy paste of the gdb output when reproducing the
crash.

Oh, and I notice I didn't mention this explicitly earlier, as I thought
it should be obvious, but just in case, please note that this does not
occur with module-alsa-sink/source (obviously, or I wouldn't be having
to report it I believe).