[pulseaudio-discuss] 0.9.15 bluetooth profiles question

Johan Hedberg johan.hedberg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 00:55:35 PDT 2009

Hi Jon,

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009, Jon Escombe wrote:
> Have just found these descriptions on the bluez wiki -
>   org.bluez.AudioSink.Connect - connects via A2DP (stereo audio)
>   org.bluez.Headset.Connect - connects via HSP/HFP (mono headset with mic)
>   org.bluez.Audio.Connect - connects to both (select which to use via
> the pulse card profile)
>
> If I connect from the Audio node, I can disconnect the Headset node.
> If I connect from the Audio node, I can not disconnect the AudioSink
> node "org.bluez.Error.NotConnected: Device not Connected"
> I can not directly connect from the AudioSink node
> "org.bluez.Error.Failed: Stream setup failed"
>
> So it looks like pulse is accurately reflecting the underlying behavior,
> perhaps I should take this to the bluetooth list?

You could do that, but I'll (as one of the BlueZ developers) answer here
anyway. To investigate the issue it'd be good to gather some bluetooth
related logs. The following would be of interest:
 - bluetoothd logs with the -d switch
 - dbus-monitor --system sender=org.bluez
 - hcidump. You may need to filter this to avoid the SCO traffic
   (something like "hcidump -XV hci rfcomm avdtp"

Also, before all this you may want to enable HFP in
/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf since in my experience HSP (which seems to be
the default in most distros) receives less testing amongst headset
manufacturers and can therefore exhibit interesting issues.

Johan