[pulseaudio-discuss] Configure HDA Intel on a ION audio

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:24:42 PDT 2009

Hello, I am new on this, I have a little problem with my HTPC sound
configuration. I search a lot and I don't have the solution.

I have a Nvidia ION based HTPC. I have connected with optical to the A/V
receiver (Sony STR-DG710). The HD movies with "good" audio sounds great and
on the receiver puts "DOLBY DIGITAL 3/2.1", but when I play a MP3 file
sounds very bad, with noise, and on the receiver puts “PCM 48 kHz“.

This is my audio configuration:

$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                      HDA NVidia at 0xfae78000 irq 20

$ cat /proc/asound/pcm
00-01: ALC662 Digital : ALC662 Digital : playback 1
00-00: ALC662 Analog : ALC662 Analog : playback 1 : capture 1

I use Debian Lenny and I installed PulseAudio from official repository. When
I run PulseAudio Manager this the configuration:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9110/pantallazopulseaudioman.png<http://img257.imageshack.us/i/pantallazopulseaudioman.png/>

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9110/pantallazopulseaudioman.png<http://img29.imageshack.us/i/pantallazopulseaudioman.png/>

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9766/pantallazopulseaudiomany.png<http://img29.imageshack.us/i/pantallazopulseaudiomany.png/>

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9110/pantallazopulseaudioman.png<http://img518.imageshack.us/i/pantallazopulseaudioman.png/>

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5256/pantallazopulseaudiomanp.png<http://img518.imageshack.us/i/pantallazopulseaudiomanp.png/>

They are empty, how I must configure? I am new on this. I apreciate all
helps.

Thanks.

--
Josu Lazkano