[pulseaudio-discuss] Ladspa Plate2x2 plugin on pulseaudio‏

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Aug 7 01:21:39 PDT 2009

pe, 2009-08-07 kello 09:45 +0200, Paolo La Francesca kirjoitti:
> Hello world, sorry for my last blank message.. Maybe I have some
> problems with my e-mail client.
> Anyway, I've recently installed pulseaudio-0.9.15 for the first time
> on my Debian Sid kernel 2.6.30-1-amd64 and I'm very satisfied of it
> :).
>
> I'm now trying to set a reverb through pulseaudio on gnome's rhythmbox.
> According to Aqualung (on which it is working fine) there's a Ladspa
> plugin in "/usr/lib/ladspa/caps.so" labeled Plate2x2 that should make
> what I want.
>
> I added this line to my ~/.pulse/default.pa
> "load-module module-ladspa-sink sink_name=ladspa_out
> master=alsa_output.pci_10de_59_sound_card_0 plugin=caps label=Plate2x2
> control=0.700,0.400,0.300,0.500"
>
> But when I try to start pulseaudio it fails:
> E: module-ladspa-sink.c: Found audio input port on plugin we cannot handle: in:l
> E: module.c: Failed to load module "module-ladspa-sink" (argument:
> "sink_name=ladspa_out master=alsa_output.pci_10de_59_sound_card_0
> plugin=caps label=Plate2x2 control=0.700,0.400,0.300,0.500"):
> initialization failed.
> E: main.c: Module load failed.
> E: main.c: Inizializzazione del demone non riuscita
>
> Then, pulseaudio does not start.
> Is there something I'm wrong or, of course.. is there an alternative solution?

Pulseaudio isn't very smart with the ladspa plugins. Right now the
module can only deal with plugins that provide one audio input port
named "Input" and one output named "Output". That error comes from the
unrecognized name, but since the plugin works with stereo signals,
changing the name alone won't help. Patches welcome!

--
Tanu Kaskinen