[pulseaudio-discuss] Assertion 'usec <= ((pa_usec_t) 1000000ULL)*60ULL*60ULL' , failed at pulsecore/rtpoll.c:516

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Aug 10 04:16:16 PDT 2009

Hi Timo,

'Twas brillig, and Timo Harmonen at 10/08/09 10:35 did gyre and gimble:
> I have a ltsp client with some cheap SoundBlaster card. PA fails
> to start, assertion fails, logs below.

I suspect this is one of the fairly common problems on that h/w.

Can you say what kernel version) you are using (specifically the alsa part).

If it's not super up-to-date, you should have a look at installing a
newer one as many of these type of bugs are being fixed now that
pulseaudio is pushing the alsa drivers to their limit!

As a teporary workaround you can pass the argument tsched=0 to
module-hal-detect (or module-udev-detect if you are on git master) in
the default.pa file.

HTHs

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]