[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio bluetooth failure when attempting to switch from stereo audio to telephony profile.

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Aug 10 13:06:11 PDT 2009

On Fri, 07.08.09 16:31, Luke Yelavich (themuso at ubuntu.com) wrote:

> When attempting to switch from the stereo audio profile (can't
> remember what the technical term for it is), to the telephony
> profile, I manage to crash pulseaudio. To reproduce, get pulseaudio
> 0.9.16-test4 running, use a bluetooth headset to listen to music,
> then attempt to switch your headset to the telephony profile in
> pavucontrol. Note your device needs to support both profiles.
>
> Log attached, let me know if any more info is needed.

Please always provide a full bt over all threads on
crashes/asserts. Also please don't compress attachments, makes it hard
to read them. Finally, if you post this to the ML please shorten the
output to only include the beginning 50 lines and the final 50 lines
or so.

The dump you attached suggests that the assert was actually triggered
by a stream switch that came soem time *after* the profile switch?
Also, the BT headset sent us a HUP, so this is probably triggered by
some lower level (hw?) issue.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net