[pulseaudio-discuss] USB microphone works, monitoring doesn't

Joe daLuz jdaluz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 13:09:56 PDT 2009

Sorry if I was unclear. Let me try again.

The USB microphone captures audio as indicated by the successful recording
and volume meter display. But I cannot hear what is being captured in my
headphones *during* recording. (The same is true if I use speakers instead
of headphones, though I wouldn't normally do that due to feedback).I can
hear the captured audio when I play it back afterward.

I did not have this problem in the past with a microphone connected to mic
in on the same sound card that the speakers/headphones are connected to. So
I suspect there is something more complex I need to do to get a USB
microphone appearing as a separate "sound card" to work the same way.

I provided "list_cards" output because I wasn't sure what information was
needed to diagnose this. Please let me know if there is anything else you
need.

Joe daLuz