[pulseaudio-discuss] Headset on pulseaudio

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 15:45:52 PDT 2009

Hello everybody, I am tryin to get working my bluetooth headset with
pulseaudio to speak over Skype.

I have Jabra BT2010 and I use Debian Lenny with official packages.

I installed thoose packages to get working my headset: apt-get install
bluez-utils bluez-gnome bluez-audio

And this is my .asoundrc config:

pcm.bluetooth {
    type plug
    slave {
        pcm "bluetooth_hw"
    }
}
pcm.bluetooth_hw {
    type bluetooth
    device 00:1D:82:xx:xx:xx
#    profile "auto"
    profile "voice"
}

I can create an audio file with this command:

arecord -Dplug:bluetooth -f S16_LE audio_file

Anyone has working the headset over pulseaudio?

This is my aplay list:

card 0: ICH6 [Intel ICH6], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel ICH6]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH6 [Intel ICH6], device 4: Intel ICH - IEC958 [Intel ICH6 -
IEC958]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Modem [Intel ICH6 Modem], device 0: Intel ICH - Modem [Intel ICH6
Modem - Modem]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I am new on this, can someone help? Which config files I must edit?

Thanks for all.

--
Josu Lazkano