[pulseaudio-discuss] Headset on pulseaudio

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Aug 16 17:00:25 PDT 2009

On Mon, 17.08.09 00:30, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:

> 'Twas brillig, and Josu Lazkano at 16/08/09 23:45 did gyre and gimble:
>> Hello everybody, I am tryin to get working my bluetooth headset with
>> pulseaudio to speak over Skype.
>
> Don't. For two reasons.
>
> 1. Pulse does not currently support *recording* from BT devices (tho
> initial patches are available for this so it will come soon).

Of course it does. HSP/HFP (i.e. telephony) duplex is supported just
fine.

A2DP (i.e. hifi music) is a playback only protocol, hence we supported
only playback until now.

What is currently being worked on is allowing PA to become an A2DP
headset practically. i.e. that you can send from your BT device music
to PA to be playe.

So let me stress this again: telephony with HFP/HSP is supported just
fine in duplex, recording as well as playback.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net