[pulseaudio-discuss] Recording lag

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Wed Aug 26 09:12:10 PDT 2009

I've recently started using the PulseAudio Simple API.  Overall I've
been very happy, but I'm having a minor problem.  I'm sure it's my
fault, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using the Simple API to record audio samples.  My problem is that
the data seem to come in bursts instead of at an even rate.  In other
words, many reads complete almost instantly, and then the next read
blocks for as much as a second.

Although I don't need any real-time guarantees, I would like to keep the
latency as low as possible.  What might I be doing wrong?  Is there
anything I can do make the reads go at a steady pace?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/