[pulseaudio-discuss] State of OS X port

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Dec 7 06:00:16 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and João Paulo Rechi Vita at 07/12/09 11:32 did gyre and
gimble:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Daniel Mack <daniel at caiaq.de> wrote:
>
>> In order to control all the PA daemon's features, GUI tools like
>> PreferencePanes and mixer applications will be needed. This is also
>> almost entirely unimplemented. However, it would make things a lot
>> easier if code neeeded by the GUI tools would be factored out to a
>> library, so I wouldn't need to copy'n paste major part of the GTK+ based
>> things that exist already. Lennart wanted to think about whether this is
>> possible.
>>

> I've been thinking to add PA volume control to the enlightenment
> volume manager, so +1 for this refactor :)

I'm beginning to work on kmix support too, so probably something we
should hash out sooner rather than later.

Just so I know, is enlightenment and the OSX preferences pane stuff
C/Objective C or C++?

Some kind of C++ structure would probably be quite attractive (tho'
ideally without any other toolkit level requirements).

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]