[pulseaudio-discuss] changing pulse sink

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Wed Dec 23 14:57:00 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 23:27 +0100, Michał Sawicz wrote:
> Dnia 2009-12-23, śro o godzinie 16:08 -0600, Matt Zagrabelny pisze:
> >
> > What I would like to be able to do is toggle between the local sound
> > card and the network sink. I looked at PA Dev Chooser, but that
> > doesn't
> > seem to show what I would expect as far as choosing the sink.
>
> Don't use padevchooser, it's obsolete. Pavucontrol or
> gnome-volume-control or kde's sound control will let you do that.
>
> You need to have the zeroconf-publish module enabled on the aserver (and
> the client on the aclient), you can enable it through paprefs or
> directly in your config files.

What is the client module?

I've seen things like libpulse-browse0 in my packages list, but I
haven't dug to get the module name yet.

I thought you said not to use padevchooser ? :)

--
Matt Zagrabelny - mzagrabe at d.umn.edu - (218) 726 8844
University of Minnesota Duluth

He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot
lose.
-Jim Elliot