[pulseaudio-discuss] Accessing audio as root

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 24 05:50:44 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Markus Rechberger at 24/12/09 12:43 did gyre and gimble:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Markus Rechberger at 23/12/09 14:35 did gyre and gimble:

>>> read up my use case and read up Halim's use case, have a look at
>>> freshmeat.net how many projects are broken
>>> because of pulseaudio. My advice is to make your way optional, add a
>>> configuration option which provides
>>> a compatibility mode. You want to improve audio with linux? then please do so.
>>> You guys spent alot time on everything already and something like that
>>> should not be a showstopper.
>>
>> So no actual bug reports then?
>>

> Heh. I think the issue is resolved.
> apt-get remove pulseaudio is the preferred way to get audio work again.
> I don't see the reason why someone should use a faulty audio system.
> Alsa is working well enough for most applications, for the rest
> Windows and OSX have to be used.

Haha, sure whatever works for you.

All I'm saying is do you expect us to trawl the internet and dig up
problems without any kind of technical detail or debug info attached to
them or do you think we should concentrate on answering and dealing with
problems in a prescribed and constructive way - e.g. via our BTS.

Honestly, give us solid bug reports and we'll attempt to fix the
problems reported, but don't come here spreading FUD and talking
bullshit throwing accusations without backing them up with anything
other than heresay. What I want for Christmas is BUG REPORTS with proper
debug information and trigger cases.

Don't report a bug, don't see a fix... shock of the decade.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]