[pulseaudio-discuss] TeamSpeak 3

Vadim Peretokin vperetokin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 08:58:12 PST 2009

Since the discussion focus has turned to providing solutions for problems,
I'm wondering if the collective mind can figure out as to why doesn't the
new teamspeak 3 client does not work in certain cases. The use case here is
ubuntu kk, pa 0.9.19.

Just playing a test sound will make it a) be choppy and b) cause ts3 client
to lock up using all cpu shortly after that. I suspect it's related to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-plugins/+bug/485488 which
hasn't gotten all that much attention but makes gaming a sad experience.

Here's a short video of how it breaks down (oh you can't hear the test
sound, it's in the headphones and I don't know how to re-route output to
input graphically):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/84880/ts3-not-worky.ogv

Any ideas?