[pulseaudio-discuss] Two outputs

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 03:29:47 PST 2009

Thanks for your replys, I am a begining Linux user and I don't understand
very good, this is my default.pa:

###########3

$ cat /etc/pulse/default.pa
#!/usr/bin/pulseaudio -nF
#
# This file is part of PulseAudio.
#
# PulseAudio is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
# under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
# PulseAudio is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
# General Public License for more details.
#
# You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
# along with PulseAudio; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
# Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.

# This startup script is used only if PulseAudio is started per-user
# (i.e. not in system mode)

.nofail

### Load something into the sample cache
#load-sample-lazy x11-bell /usr/share/sounds/gtk-events/activate.wav
#load-sample-lazy pulse-hotplug /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav
#load-sample-lazy pulse-coldplug /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav
#load-sample-lazy pulse-access /usr/share/sounds/generic.wav
load-sample-dir-lazy /usr/share/sounds/ubuntu/stereo

.fail

### Automatically restore the volume of streams and devices
load-module module-device-restore
load-module module-stream-restore
load-module module-card-restore

### Automatically augment property information from .desktop files
### stored in /usr/share/application
load-module module-augment-properties

### Load audio drivers statically (it's probably better to not load
### these drivers manually, but instead use module-hal-detect --
### see below -- for doing this automatically)
#load-module module-alsa-sink
#load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
#load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
#load-module module-oss-mmap device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output
source_name=input
#load-module module-null-sink
#load-module module-pipe-sink

### Automatically load driver modules depending on the hardware available
.ifexists module-udev-detect.so
load-module module-udev-detect
.else
### Alternatively use the static hardware detection module (for systems that
### lack udev support)
load-module module-detect
.endif

### Automatically load driver modules for Bluetooth hardware
.ifexists module-bluetooth-discover.so
load-module module-bluetooth-discover
.endif

### Load several protocols
.ifexists module-esound-protocol-unix.so
load-module module-esound-protocol-unix
.endif
load-module module-native-protocol-unix

### Network access (may be configured with paprefs, so leave this commented
### here if you plan to use paprefs)
#load-module module-esound-protocol-tcp
#load-module module-native-protocol-tcp
#load-module module-zeroconf-publish

### Load the RTP reciever module (also configured via paprefs, see above)
#load-module module-rtp-recv

### Load the RTP sender module (also configured via paprefs, see above)
#load-module module-null-sink sink_name=rtp format=s16be channels=2
rate=44100 description="RTP Multicast Sink"
#load-module module-rtp-send source=rtp.monitor

### Load additional modules from GConf settings. This can be configured with
the paprefs tool.
### Please keep in mind that the modules configured by paprefs might
conflict with manually
### loaded modules.
.ifexists module-gconf.so
.nofail
load-module module-gconf
.fail
.endif

### Automatically restore the default sink/source when changed by the user
during runtime
load-module module-default-device-restore

### Automatically move streams to the default sink if the sink they are
### connected to dies, similar for sources
load-module module-rescue-streams

### Make sure we always have a sink around, even if it is a null sink.
load-module module-always-sink

### Honour intended role device property
load-module module-intended-roles

### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
load-module module-suspend-on-idle

### If autoexit on idle is enabled we want to make sure we only quit
### when no local session needs us anymore.
load-module module-console-kit

### Enable positioned event sounds
load-module module-position-event-sounds

### Cork music streams when a phone stream is active
#load-module module-cork-music-on-phone

# X11 modules should not be started from default.pa so that one daemon
# can be shared by multiple sessions.

### Load X11 bell module
#load-module module-x11-bell sample=bell-windowing-system

### Register ourselves in the X11 session manager
#load-module module-x11-xsmp

### Publish connection data in the X11 root window
#.ifexists module-x11-publish.so
#.nofail
#load-module module-x11-publish
#.fail
#.endif

### Make some devices default
#set-default-sink output
#set-default-source input

#################

Which line I must uncomment? And where i must config the module-combine for
simultaneous output?

Thanks for all and Happy Christmas!!!

2009/12/23 Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie>

> 'Twas brillig, and Tanu Kaskinen at 23/12/09 06:08 did gyre and gimble:
> > ti, 2009-12-22 kello 20:34 +0000, Colin Guthrie kirjoitti:
> >> Now as PA will not add individual sinks for both the digital and analog,
> >> you'll have to load a separate module-alsa-sink for the other one you
> >> want - e.g. if auto-detection will load digital, you should add a
> >> separate sink for analog.
> >
> > Actually, there's another way. Profiles can be configured in the files
> > under /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/. The easiest
> > approach is to just edit default.conf in that directory. It takes some
> > time to actually understand how those configuration files are used, but
> > luckily for this exact case default.conf already contains a
> > commented-out example, which can just be uncommented and it should work
> > (if the sound card is capable of using both outputs at the same time,
> > that is).
> >
> > You still need to use module-combine for simultaneous output.
>
> Awesome, thanks for correcting me... I still need to fully grok the
> mixer profiles stuff as I still see it as black magic... I should have
> remembered that this was a spell that was possible with this black magic
> tho' :)
>
> /me will try and do some revamp stuff on the website over the holidays
> and hopefully try and promote a better documentation process via that
> medium.
>
> Col
>
> --
>
> Colin Guthrie