[pulseaudio-discuss] Sink for event sounds? WAS: paplay - sound roles?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 31 06:59:37 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Ng Oon-Ee at 31/12/09 12:14 did gyre and gimble:
> For event sounds, however, the only way to get it to be on A is to set A
> as a default, then in the case A is disconnected, its a toss up whether
> B or C gets event sounds (I'm sure there's some consistency, but it may
> not be the one I want?).

Indeed, but then again if you "moved" the event "role" to A and then
disconnected it, it would be up to module-rescue-streams to relocate it
appropriately too which again, may not be the one you want... so the
problem still exists in this scenario too...

Yet another argument for role-based, priority list of preferred
devices.... (e.g. how I've made module-device-manager work with the KDE
UI - FWIW, the setup you want is /probably/ working fine under KDE with
my integration patches and PA 0.9.21...)

Col.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]