[pulseaudio-discuss] why command_cork_playback_stream() will be invoked many times?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Feb 5 19:38:34 PST 2009

On Thu, 05.02.09 14:01, Zhang, Xing Z (xing.z.zhang at intel.com) wrote:

> Sorry for late reply, I am just back from holidays.  Yes, we are on
> the similar way as you said.  Now we are working on enhance PA to
> introduce policy engine to it. To avoid do changes on PA core code,
> we implement the engine as a individual module.  We hope the module
> is expandable and flexible. The engine is not only suit for PC but
> also for embedded system which has specific audio hardware.  Now we
> are in heavy developing, once codes are ready I will send out the
> patch for review. Thanks.

Don't be afraid of actually modifying the core of PA. There are a lot
of good reasons to modify it. In fact I do it all the time and it is
the reason why I generally say that the module API should not be
considered stable.

If you have a good patch for the core and there are valid reasons to
have it in the kernel I am happy to merge patches like this!