[pulseaudio-discuss] module-hal-detect not loading HDMI devices...

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Feb 10 10:26:31 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 10/02/09 16:34 did gyre and gimble:
> We only care about the first number, i.e. the 'card index'. The second
> number (the 'device index') is selected by the ALSA 'interface',
> i.e. the logic that's behind "hdmi:".
>
> In summary if output with "hdmi:1" works, then pa 0.9.15 will pick it
> up, regardless what the 'device index' for the actual hdmi output
> is. It's "hdmi:"'s job to figure that out for us.
>
> So, HDMI should work just fine with 0.9.15. And when it doesn't, it's
> not my fault anymore... ;-)

OK, I'll have to take your word for it as I cannot test.

It's just that looking through the lshal output, for that "card", there
is no device index 0 and thus it will be ignored.

But I'll get the guy to retry.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]