[pulseaudio-discuss] why command_cork_playback_stream() will be invoked many times?

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:40:06 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 11.02.09 17:03, Marc-André Lureau (marcandre.lureau at gmail.com) wrote:
>

>> hi again
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Lennart Poettering
>> <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
>> > network transparency/thin client stuff. In addition to that none of
>> > the relevant media players really supports MPRIS. (Where's Rhythmbox?
>> > Where is Totem? Where is Banshee?)  I am a bit unsure how to map the
>> >

>> http://www.kuliniewicz.org/music-applet/
>>
>> Funny, I can't find totem. I am sure somebody did one though.
>
> But only a subset of these actually use MPRIS. Both the Banshee and
> the Rhythmbox plugin for this applet use some non-MPRIS D-Bus API
> AFAICS.

Yes, I guess it acts as a proxy.

That's the goal, unify all the different D-Bus interfaces for common
use cases. It is something I would personally like to see happening.
Even though each player has its own set of capabilties and unique
interfaces

http://wiki.xmms2.xmms.se/wiki/Media_Player_Interfaces/API_Comparison

regards,

--