[pulseaudio-discuss] Distribution kernels and glitch-free (Packagers, read this!)

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Tue Feb 24 04:20:28 PST 2009

Op maandag 23-02-2009 om 15:18 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Sean
McNamara:
> * Once upon a time (old releases, e.g. 7.04 and below?) there was the
> -lowlatency kernel flavor. This one went all the way and gave us
> CONFIG_HZ=1000 and a fully preemptible kernel (not only voluntary, but
> forced preemption). I'm not sure of the rationale for discontinuing
> this kernel flavor, but it would be silly to say it's only because of
> mirror disk space or something; their disk space consumption has gone
> way up since then.

Maybe have a look at the -rt kernel?  :)

(There is a fourth kernel too: -virtual, which is optimized for running
in a virtual machine, where the number of hardware to support is much
lower than in real machines.)

--
Jan Claeys