[pulseaudio-discuss] Assertion in pa_sink_input_request_rewind ()

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Feb 24 11:26:37 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Conrad Cooke at 24/02/09 18:59 did gyre and gimble:
> Pulseaudio people,
>
> I am getting an assertion using gstreamer with pulseaudio.
> Under certain circumstances, pa_sink_input_request_rewind () is
> asserting like this:
> sink-input.c: Assertion 'i->thread_info.rewrite_nbytes == 0' failed at
> pulsecore/sink-input.c:1212,
>
> My question is: can we remove the assertion and simply return from the
> method when thread_info.rewrite_nbytes = 0  ?

First question, what versions of pulse and gstreamer are you using?

The gstreamer pulse layer has seen a big rewrite very recently and
pulse's upcoming 0.9.15 release is due pretty soon too.

Are you testing with the very latest versions?

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]