[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Feb 27 23:49:49 PST 2009

On Fri, 27.02.09 18:59, Pablo Yaggi (pyaggi at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,

Heya!

> 	I upgrade to the latest pulseaudio code available in Mandriva
> Cooker, that is server version 0.9.15
> 	I have bluetooth module installed but I find no way to use it,
> I have bluetooth working with alsa, hcitool scan and hcitool cc works
> fine with it and the alsa uses as ad2p and voice profile as well.
> 	Could anybody please tell me how to use this module, I couldn't
> find any doc around,

Please note that Bluetooth audio is still not working that well. The
kernel interfaces as well as PA itself are not really ready yet in
this area.

Also the BlueZ UI has not been updated yet to allow simple connection
to Bluetooth headsets and headphones.

The only way to connect to headset/pair of headphones today is by
using a tool like 'd-feet' and triggering the connection via the BlueZ
D-Bus interfaces manually. Simply pair and trust your device via the
nomal BlueZ UI and then look for the device in the D-Bus tree and
issue a "Connect" call on the AudioSink or Headset interface of the device.