[pulseaudio-discuss] Send audio to pules server behind a firewall (SSH?)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jan 1 15:16:31 PST 2009

Hi Tom

'Twas brillig, and Thomas Ward at 30/12/08 20:46 did gyre and gimble:
> I have an XP box on which I wish to play sound from a linux box.
> The XP box has a very restrictive firewall, I already tunnel out of
> the XP box to allow VNC, ssh, etc. access inwards using putty
>

> i.e. something like below for VNC
> plink -pw password -R5906:XP_IP_ADDRESS:5906 -l unixlogin linuxbox
>

> I have looked through all the docu8mentation of pulseaudio and can't
> find a reference to which ports I would need to tunnel, anyone done
> this, any ideas?
>
> thanks for your help

#define PA_NATIVE_DEFAULT_PORT 4713

So that's 4713.

Incidentally, if you were to run (as root) "netstat -ltp" it would have
shown you (the documentation should make this info available of course!,
but it's quite handy to know about netstat)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]