[pulseaudio-discuss] Development proposals

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 5 13:56:00 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Jens Peters at 05/01/09 21:50 did gyre and gimble:
> (I could imagine having another sink could be quite confusing to new
> users, whereas users already knowing what sinks are having less problems
> of understanding what 'default' in pulseaudio means and how to deal with
> it.)

Very true, I can't disagree with you there...

The only saving grace here is that alsa has a "default" device too, but
you can open hw:0 and hw:1 too etc. etc, so it's not a million miles
different to that.

And if we have some kind of way to make the UI aware of the "default"
sink, we can present it slightly differently to ease users pain.

I'll give it more thought, but I'd like to hear Lennart's thoughts on
these two defaults/devices proposals to see if this is the direction
he'd like to see things go or if he has other ideas...

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]