[pulseaudio-discuss] Development proposals

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 5 13:58:47 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 05/01/09 16:43 did gyre and gimble:
> On Sun, 04.01.09 00:30, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:
>
>> I've written up a couple of proposals for improvements I'd like to see
>> in the way pulse handles default devices (the last two) and also the
>> notification system I worked on a bit in the past but have temporarily
>> paused while Lennart works out his plan on how to integrate nicely with
>> the gtk mainloop (any updates on this BTW?)
>
> No updates. I have been sidetracked with other stuff. The glib
> integration is sitting in a seperate branch here in my checkout and is
> still quite incomplete.

Cool. Just give me a poke when you get round to having a play with it.

>> The page is here:
>> http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/Development
>>
>> Comments and feedback welcome and if it's not clear when I mean in these
>> proposals please say what's confusing you and I will clarify the
>> descriptions.
>
> Thanks for the work! I'll keep an eye on it and comment where necessary.

No worries. If you have any thoughts on the latter two, it would be
interesting to see what your current thinking is as I think it does need
to be addressed in some capacity (it's a very common question I get
asked on IRC and mailing lists etc.)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]