[pulseaudio-discuss] module-remap-sink question

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jan 8 01:44:54 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Jan Kasprzak at 07/01/09 23:43 did gyre and gimble:
> Colin Guthrie wrote:
> : My first guess would be to check your alsa switches (alsamixer -c 0) to
> : make sure you've not got some kind of option to "mix front, rear and
> : side channels together in some magic way" turned on.
>
> 	I had that magic option in my previous mainboard, but apparently
> this one does not have it (see the attached output of "amixer -D hw:0").

Bummer :s

> Moreover, (as I wrote) when I move the volume slider of a single channel
> of the "eightchannel" device in pavucontrol, only a single channel of
> a single output jack changes the volume. So I think pulse can see
> all eight channels and can control them independently.

Yeah I figured that each channel may have independent hardware volume
control, which would have caused this kind of setup but I guess that was
a dead end :(

I've not got any ideas on this I'm afraid but perhaps some other folks
on the list do.

Col

(PS Your quoting marker is broken. Just about every mail client in the
world uses > and this is used to format the output nicely in the UI
(e.g. with colours or backgrounds etc) to make reading mails easier. If
you can, can you please try to use a > sign for quote markers. Cheers.)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]