[pulseaudio-discuss] Very crackly audio and crashing from cpu overload

Chris chris1.noreply at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 8 15:25:44 PST 2009

2009/1/8 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:
> The fragment stuff is not used when tsched is enabled. So playing
> around with the frag stuff is pointless when tsched=1.

At least I'm not going mad. I didn't think it was doing anything but
it's somewhat subjective.

Any thoughts on the wakeup watermark though? It seems that whenever
there is a glitch, the watermark is increased, and whenever the
watermark is increased, the frequency of glitching increases until it
hits the limit - in my case 71.27ms.

Is there anyway to force this wakeup watermark setting? Everything
works better for me, although still not perfect, when it is a low
number.

Chris.